2. What are some of your favorite bands? Musicians?
No Doubt is my favorite band of all time ever. Gwen Stefani’s solo stuff is good as well. My Chemical Romance is my second favorite. I suppose Green Day would be third, but I’d also say it changes. I listen to whatever I feel like, but the first two are definites I think I’ll always like.
3. Do write fanfiction? Anything?
I don’t really anymore, but I used to. I don’t remember exactly what all fandoms I tried, I think there were a lot haha. Pirates of the Caribbean (Jack + Elizabeth, all the way!), Labyrinth, My Chemical Romance, Gackt + Hyde, probably Inuyasha. Actually, Inuyasha was my first!
4. If you could have 5 things, free and without any consequences, what would they be?
1) If it counts, the ability to fly would be badass. 2) Infinite amounts of money would be helpful. 3) If I could go to school and take whatever I wanted, that’d be a dream. 4) A jaguar or a leopard for a pet. 5) The ability to stay in touch with people better. »
5. Do you like to read? If so, what do you like to read?
Oh yes! Fantasy and sci-fi are my go-tos, but I also enjoy historical/period stuff, the classics/literature, and poetry. I like romances but not stuff that’s too corny or racy.
6. Do you go to school? What are your favorite subjects?
I just graduated undergraduate in May. I was an English major, psychology minor and I loved those classes, as wholes. But my favorites in each were The Romantics in English and Positive Psychology.
7. Are you happy? Why or why not?
Yes. Just got back from hanging out with some cool people. I have a good job. A home. Food. Water. Clothes. I’m engaged. My best friend is my roommate. I don’t see any reasons to be unhappy. Students loans are scary but I know I’ll manage.
8. Is it easy for you to make friends? Why or why not?
It’s easy for me to make friends because I like to talk and ask questions, as long as the other person isn’t giving me awkward vibes, then I get nervy too. However it’s hard for me to keep in touch with people. I can only maintain 1 or 2 really close relationships at a time, including romantic ones, so I have a lot of people “I know” but not many I call “friends” because I’m terrible at keeping up, even though I want to. I just don’t think about it. I enjoy alone time.
9. Which fictional characters are important to you (either because you crush on them or just simply like them)?
I don’t know what, but there’s always been something about Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Same thing for Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, but I admire her intelligence, confidence, and self-control. I fell pretty hard for Ji Hoo from Boys Over Flowers xD He was just so sweet!
10. Do you have any pets? What are they and what are their names?
She’s not with me, she’s at my parents house because she requires more care than I can give in her old age, but I have a 14 year old toy poodle named Fifi. She’s black, turning gray. She’s going blind, deaf, and is a diabetic. ;_; But she really likes to play and bark at stuff haha. She also will never turn down being held or petted.
11. Do you have a celebrity crush? Who is it? Feel free to pick more than one :D
I used to crush so hard on Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance, but now I admire him more than anything, just as a cool guy. Jang Geun Suk and the Japanese rock star Hyde always get me; I just can’t handle them lol. My most consistent and long-standing celebrity crush has been Johnny Depp.
My set of Q’s…
1. What books that you’ve read have really, deeply touched you, or maybe changed your perspective on life?
2. What do you think about modern culture’s pushing of unhealthy body images (like too skinny) on women? How would things be if you were able to change it?
3. If you could go back or forward in time, just for a visit, where would you go and why?
4. If you could change something about your life, past or future, would you? If you want to share, what would it be?
5. Name 3 things you really want to buy right now.
6. What’s your feel-good movie (or tv show, if you don’t have a movie) when you need a pick-me-up?
7. Where do you want to travel most and why?
8. If you could be a color, what color would you be? Why?
9. If you drink, what’s your favorite beverage or cocktail? If you don’t, what’s your favorite beverage in general?
10. What kind of hobbies do you have?
11. Have you already thought of names for your potential future children? What would they be?